Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
· To provide highest quality education to mechanical engineering and mechanical engineering technology undergraduate and graduate students.
· To provide solutions to technological challenges through innovative research.
Our Education Objectives:
- Our students will be prepared for successful careers, for graduate studies and for lifelong learning.
- Our students will have an understanding of the fundamental tools of mechanical engineering analysis, including a solid foundation in the mathematical, computational and fundamental science knowledge necessary for engineering problem solving.
- Our students will develop the skills pertinent to the design process, including the ability to formulate problems, to analyze and synthesize information, to think creatively, to make informed decisions, to communicate effectively, and to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Our students will learn to use state-of-the-art experimental and data analysis techniques necessary for engineering applications.
- Our students will understand the relationship of engineering and the global society and will have an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities.