Dr. Teik Lim
Herman Schneider Professor and Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Research
Interim Dean for College of Engineering and Applied Science
Director – Vibro-Acoustics and Sound Quality Research Laboratory
Director – Hypoid and Bevel Gear Mesh and Dynamic Modeling Consortium
Director – UC Simulation Center
Office of the Dean College of Engineering and Applied Science
801 Engineering Research Center
Department of Mechanical Engineering
598 Rhodes Hall, P.O. Box 210072, University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0072, USA
Tel: (513) 556-4450 Fax: (513) 556-3390 Email: email@example.com
Design and dynamics of precision machine elements (gears, bearings, drivelines, powertrain systems), Gear noise/vibrations, Structural vibrations and acoustics, Active noise and vibration control, Automotive NVH (noise, vibration & harshness), and Product sound quality design, analysis & testing.
1989 Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Ohio State University (OSU)
1986 M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Missouri–Rolla (UMR)
1985 B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Michigan Technological University (MTU)
|2012 - present||Interim Dean of the College of Engineering and Applied Science|
|2011 – present||Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Research, College of Engineering and Applied Science|
|2010 – 2012||School Director, School of Dynamic Systems|
|2009 – present||Herman Schneider Professor of Mechanical Engineering|
|2005 – 2010||Department Head Department of Mechanical Engineering|
|2004 – present||Professor (Previously called Mechanical, Industrial & Nuclear Engineering)|
|2002 – 2004||Associate Professor University of Cincinnati (UC)|
|1998 – 2002||Associate Professor Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, University of Alabama (UA)|
|1996 – 1998||Research Scientist Center for Automotive Research (CAR), Ohio State University|
|1993 – 1996||Sr. Project Engineer Advanced Test and Analysis Group|
|1990 – 1993||Project Engineer Structural Dynamics Research Corporation (SDRC)|
HONORS AND AWARDS
* Chang Jiang Scholars Program’s Chair Professorship Award from the China’s Ministry of Education, 2008
* ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Fellow, 2006
* SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Fellow, 2006
* SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Arch T. Colwell Merit Award, 2005
* SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award, 2002
* Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honor Society) Eminent Engineer, 2002
* ASEE (American Society for Engineering Education) Ferdinand P. Beer and E. Russell Johnston, Jr. Outstanding New Mechanics Educator Award, 2001
* ASEE Southeastern Section New Faculty Research First Place Award, 2001
* Tau Beta Pi Outstanding Faculty Member Award, 2001
* J-H. Lee, B. Rudd, M. Li, T.C. Lim, “Sound reduction technologies for MRI scanners,” Recent Patents in Engineering, 2, pp. 72–79, 2008.
* M. Li, T.C. Lim, J-H. Lee, “Simulation Study on Active Noise Control for a 4-T MRI Scanner,” Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 26, pp. 393-400, 2008.
* Y. Dai and T.C. Lim, “Suppression of Brake Squeal Noise Applying Finite Element Brake and Pad Model Enhanced by Spectral-Based Assurance Criteria,” Applied Acoustics, 69(3) pp. 196-214, 2008.
* J. Wang, T.C. Lim, M. Li, “Dynamics of a Hypoid Gear Pair Considering the Effects of Time-Varying Mesh Parameters and Backlash Non-linearity,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 308(1-2), pp. 302-329, 2007.
* R. Tanna and T.C. Lim, “Parametric Analysis of Ring Gear Structure Vibration Modes,” International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration, 11(2), pp. 93–105, 2006.
* M. Li, T.C. Lim, Y.H. Guan and W.S. Shepard Jr., “Actuator Design and Experimental Validation for Active Gearbox Vibration Control,” Smart Materials and Structures, 15, pp. N1–N6, 2006.
* S.R. More, T.C. Lim, M. Li, C.K. Holland, S.E. Boyce, J-H. Lee, “Acoustic Noise Characteristics of a 4 Tesla MRI Scanner,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 23, pp. 388–397, 2006.
* M. Li, T.C. Lim, W.S. Shepard Jr. and Y.H. Guan, “Experimental Active Vibration Control of Gear Mesh Harmonics in a Power Recirculation Gearbox System Using a Piezoelectric Stack Actuator,” Smart Materials and Structures, 14, pp. 917-927, 2005.
Vehicle Noise, Vibration and Harshness
Concurrent Product and Process Development
Analytical Vibrations of Mechanical Systems
Dynamic Machine Components
Advanced Dynamics of Machinery
Digital Signal Analysis of Mechanical Systems
Vibro-Acoustics and Sound Quality Research Laboratory